Greetings and Salutations! So for those playing at home, baking generally involves the oven. Okay, technically it ALWAYS involves the oven. But what if you don’t have an oven? Or any aptitude to work an oven? (I’m looking at you, J-Dub.)
Or, what if you’re like me and it’s not the oven issue you need to overcome, but that you maybe run a cookie blog and your KitchenAid mixer bowl is in the fridge because you have another recipe that needs to chill in it for a few hours and you have a few spare hours that you could squeeze in another recipe?
I know there are a lot of you with this exact situation.
Anyway, no bake cookies exist, and this is a good one to try. I like to ask my friends what their favorite cookie is (I get a lot of great ideas from this, actually) and this is one friend’s favorite.
No Bake Chocolate Cookies
- 1 cup sweetened coconut
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a large bowl, stir the coconut and oats and set aside.
- In a pot over medium heat, stir the sugar,cocoa, butter and milk together. Stir constantly until sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil for about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Immediately pour into the bowl of coconut and oats mixture.
- Working quickly, drop spoonfuls onto wax paper and let stand until cool.